Event Category: Core Skills
Core Skills Trainning
Session 4 (Day 7 & 8)
January 27 & 28, 2018
is a Psychologist, Systemic Group and Family Psychotherapist, and an Internationally Certified Couple Therapist, Supervisor and Trainer (ICEEFT), specialized in Attachment and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT).
She is the Founder and Director of the EFT Greek Network and holds a long-standing position on the Scientific Council and Faculty at the Athenian Institute of Anthropos – the first center to practice family therapy in Europe. For several years now, she trains and supervises professionals in Couple and Family Therapy throughout Greece and Europe.
Kyriaki is Past President of the European Family Therapy Association – EFTA (2010- 2013) and a member of the Association since its early founding. She has played a major role in the networking and mutual learning of Family Therapy Trainers in Europe, and in 2016 was appointed Honorary President of the EFTA Chamber of Training Institutes (EFTA-TIC).
Kyriaki is a Member of the American Family Therapy Academy (AFTA). Former Vice-President of the national branch of the European Association of Psychotherapists (E.A.P.). Founding Member of the Hellenic Association of Systemic Therapy (ELESYTH).
Founding Member of the American National Registry of Certified Group Psychotherapists (C.G.P.) and a Clinical Member of the American Group Psychotherapy Association (A.G.P.A.).
Kyriaki is Joint Editor of “Human Systems”, a long established multidisciplinary European Journal of Systemic Practice.
Areas of specialization:
- Sociocultural change influencing couples and family functioning, particularly as related to the couple relationship and to the woman’s role.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples and Families (EFT – EFFT)
- Understanding intergenerationally transmitted patterns of attachment echoed in partners’ inner voices as a means for facilitating bonding in the couple/family.
- A Multi-level, Multi-focal, Multi-voiced Journey: not without family therapy – not with family therapy alone. In Origins and Originality in Family Therapy and Systemic Practice, Ed. Borcsa, M. & Stratton, P., Springer, 2016.
- Actualizing inner voices and the group process: Experiential systemic training in personal development. Human Systems: The Journal of Therapy, Consultation and Training, Vol. 19, Issues 1-3, 26-43, 2008.
- Inner voices and dialogue in family therapy and systemic training: actualizing sequence and diversity. Context: the magazine for family therapy and systemic practice, 73, 11-12, 2004.