Dr. George Faller, Marital and Family Therapist and EFT Trainer from New York, will be with us for an experiential workshop on:
«Working with Highly Escalated Couples»
Language: English with Greek translation
The number of participants is limited, so sign up will be prioritized.
Information/Sign up: «Creating Connection – EFT» firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Escalated Couples Trainer: George Faller Date: 29 th July, 2018 Do escalated couples make you want to quit being a therapist? Join us as we explore those moments of greatest difficulty for couples, from still-face to high reactivity to despair and rage. Learn how to keep your focus and go deeper in the face of reactivity. We’ll explore, demonstrate, practice and integrate in an interactive, experiential way. Through a combination of lecture, videotape, and exercises, participants will learn to identify the basic stages and steps of Emotionally Focused Therapy and to help couples recognize and deescalate problematic cycles of interaction. Participants will also learn to help couples create or restore the emotional bond between them once the negative cycle, and the attachment needs that drive it, has been understood.
Learning Objectives: Attendees will be able to:
• Identify the key assumptions of attachment theory as it applies to adult relationships.
• Identify the stages, and steps of EFT, as well as key change events.
• Articulate key interventions that help clients to reprocess key emotional responses.
• Identify common therapeutic impasses in EFT and how to address them and implement EFT interventions in clinical exercises and case examples.
• Describe the function of protective strategies that create negative cycles.
• Identify the positive cycle of responsiveness to replace the escalated, negative cycle.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
George Faller is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in New York & Connecticut and an Approved Supervisor for AAMFT. He is the Founder of the NY Center for EFT. As an EFT Trainer, George teaches at the Ackerman Institute for the Family, is a board member of the Porter Cason Institute at Tulane University and is the Director of Training at the Center for Hope and Renewal in Greenwich, CT. George has been a featured guest on USA’s tv channel MSNBC Nightly News “People Making a Difference” with Brian Williams and is co-author of the new book Sacred Stress. He is also a retired Lieutenant of the NYC Fire Department.