A new cycle of the Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy will take place, on May 1-4 at Tehran, Iran.
Trianer: Mrs Kyriaki Polychroni
Contact: Dr. Ali Mazaheri email@example.com
Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy (Four-Day – 30 hours) is is the First level of EFT training and is prerequisite for becoming a Certified EFT therapist.
It teaches mental health professionals the fundamental clinical skills necessary in becoming competent EFT couples therapists.
It offers lectures, practical experience in clinical skills, observation of videotaped or /and live therapy sessions as well as study and discussion of particular clinical cases and bibliography.
To enhance participants so they may:
- acquire a distinct understanding of the fundamental Systemic principles and of the Experiential approach in Emotionally Focused Therapy – EFT.
- perceive a couple’s distress and the healing of their relationship in terms of Attachment Theory and emotions.
- assist partners in reassessing those emotional responses that maintain the distress in their relationship.
- help partners shape new patterns of interaction and create positive moments of connection.
- develop the expertise to work through therapeutic blocks with couples.
Who may attend?
The Externship is recommended to all professionals who counsel couples, to marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, family physicians, psychiatric nurses, counselors and students training in these professions.
Participants are encouraged to read “Creating Connection: The practice of EFT” before entering the Externship.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
Kyriaki Polychroni is a Psychologist, Systemic Group and Family Psychotherapist, and an Internationally Certified Couple Therapist, Supervisor and Trainer (ICEEFT), specialized in Attachment and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT).
She is the Founder and Director of the EFT Greek Network and holds a long-standing position on the Scientific Council and Faculty at the Athenian Institute of Anthropos – the first center to practice family therapy in Europe. For several years now, she trains and supervises professionals in Couple and Family Therapy throughout Greece and Europe.
Kyriaki is Past President of the European Family Therapy Association – EFTA (2010- 2013) and a member of the Association since its early founding. She has played a major role in the networking and mutual learning of Family Therapy Trainers in Europe, and in 2016 was appointed Honorary President of the EFTA Chamber of Training Institutes (EFTA-TIC).
Kyriaki is a Member of the American Family Therapy Academy (AFTA). Former Vice-President of the national branch of the European Association of Psychotherapists (E.A.P.). Founding Member of the Hellenic Association of Systemic Therapy (ELESYTH).
Founding Member of the American National Registry of Certified Group Psychotherapists (C.G.P.) and a Clinical Member of the American Group Psychotherapy Association (A.G.P.A.).
Kyriaki is Joint Editor of “Human Systems”, a long established multidisciplinary European Journal of Systemic Practice.
Areas of specialization:
- Sociocultural change influencing couples and family functioning, particularly as related to the couple relationship and to the woman’s role.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples and Families (EFT – EFFT)
- Understanding intergenerationally transmitted patterns of attachment echoed in partners’ inner voices as a means for facilitating bonding in the couple/family.